Accidentally ended up at another network marketing presentation, I wonder why they all follow the same formula, regardless of what they are selling. I also wonder how I keep ending up at these things.
So it goes something along these lines:
1. Overly friendly and excitable initial contact (I was suspicious immediately), no description why they want to take us to a presentation except that it is really cool and will change your life. Curiousity and enthusiasm may hook you.
2. At the presentation, start with lots of hype and random cheering from the friends the presenters have brought along (still no description of product) and telling you how much your life sucks, and how absolutely this will make it all better, and you will be sailing on a yacht in the Mediterranean in no time.
3. Explanation of how the product/business system will change your life (still no description of product) with lots of talking and images and videos of beaches and fancy shit
4. Testimonials from friends about how the product/business changed their life (still no description of product) from being a depressed piece of shit to the champion/king/goddess that now stands before you
5. Finally a one line description of product (“it just works”)
6. Finally admit it’s network marketing and tell us all how great this model is, and how you will love the product and share it with your loved ones because you care about them so much
7. More random hype and cheering
8. SIGNUP TIME!!! Those already convinced have are now consumed by excitement.
9. A hard sell if you decline, one-on-one hardcore sales pitch about telling you how shit your life is, all your fears, and how this will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing that you have to sign up for RIGHT NOW
As soon as I stepped in I knew what was coming… and I was right, again. So all in all, a very educational experience. Now I have learned THE BLUEPRINT.